Date:      Thu, 5 Feb 1998 13:45:35 +0100
From:      "M.Fassaert" <mauritsf@euronet.nl>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Installation

When installing FreeBSD from the Walnut Creek CD-ROM I get a distorted
screen when starting install.bat and also from the Boot-floppy
It fills the screen with some strange ASCII-characters and I can just make
out the place of the cursor by the colors (although all colors are
flashing).
Maybe this is because of my video card (FireGL 1000)
Other system configurations are:
Processor: 6x86 P200+
Memory: 24 MB
Disk: 6.4 GB  (Partitions for NT, W95 and a free one for FreeBSD)
Monitor: Highscreen
CD-ROM: Sony compatible 2xspeed

I never had any related problems, so I wonder what's in the installation
program
that messes up the font.

if you have any solutions I'd be glad to hear them.
tnx M.Fassaert