Date:      Tue, 13 Jun 2000 12:23:32 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@cdrom.com>
To:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Handbook Illustrations

  Are there any plans to replace the ASCII art in the FreeBSD Handbook
with simple xfig diagrams?  The ASCII looks really out of place in the
printed (PostScript) version of the handbook that was recently
published.
  With a few simple changes to the makefile and freebsd.dsl we could
pass a variable with the -V option to [Open]Jade and let the DSSSL code
decide whether to display the graphic (HTML or PostScript output) or the
ASCII figure (Text output).
  Does this sounds like a logical way to solve the problem?  I can
provide diffs if someone isn't already working on this.  We could pay
interns here at BSDI to actually make the graphics.

	- Murray