Date:      Fri, 21 Mar 1997 14:35:26 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org
Subject:   Mirrors?

Apologies if this isn't the right list; I am trying to browse
freefall's /etc/aliases with 50% packet loss so jumped on the
first list that sounded appropriate.

Since I was experiencing 50% packet loss to wcarchive, I decided
that it might be worthwhile exploring my options.  Naturally, I
tried ftp2.freebsd.org next, but its /pub/FreeBSD/2.2-RELEASE/floppies
directory is empty.  Ok, no problem.  Try ftp3.freebsd.org, and its
/pub/FreeBSD is a broken link; "cd /pub/FreeBSD" says "no such file
or directory".  ftp4.freebsd.org at least has the floppies, and
I haven't gotten to try to install yet because of ethernet problems
so I don't know if the rest of ftp4 is ok.

ftp5.freebsd.org and ftp6.freebsd.org have boot.flp and fixit.flp but
not the extra boot-pao.flp .  I dunno if that means anything.

I wrote a program to check the presence of ports distfiles; should
we use it on the FTP mirrors too?

  Bill