Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:09:04 -0400
From:      "Christopher T. Jewett" <ctjewett@onebox.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: XFree86 Config Problems

I generally would agree, though looking at the config file for my machine,
there really wasn't anything different from the XFree for BSD.  I noticed
there was a lot more in the screen section, where they defined that the
monitor was capable of certain resoltions, so that later in the color
depth section the other modes were accessable.  Just some general thoughts.
 Take a look at the config file I sent out and compare it to your own.
 I think you'll find that there's not really anything out of the ordinary.
 Just some other stuff in the that xf86config and XFree86 -configure
didn't bother to put in, since they didn't seem to detect my monitor
specifications were...

Chris