Date:      Wed, 29 Mar 2000 16:10:13 -0800 (PST)
From:      Derrick Baumer <bduk@earthlink.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Printer compatibility

Sorry - this isn't really FreeBSD-specific, per se, but it should be a
really quick fix...  :)

I have an old, but completely functional 24 pin printer that I can't
get to work with ghostscript.  I am wondering if anybody has had any
success using the Panasonic KX-P2123 (without color module) under
ghostscript.  Specifically, which driver are you using?  I tried the
generic Epson-compatible 9/24 pin driver (epson) but the results seem
haphazard at best.  While portions of the text are readable, some of
it is duplicated, written in the wrong spot, cut in half, etc...  The
end result is a mess.

I'm sure the postscript file I'm using is good because I can use the
X11 device and get a very nice view of the document.  This also shows
(or seems to) that gs is properly interpreting the file and making a
useful conversion.  The printer works fine under Windows (sorry) so I
know the printer is doing its job right.  The only thing left is that
I must be using the wrong driver.

Ideas?

--
Derrick Baumer - Black Duck Software