Date:      Thu, 14 Oct 2004 16:11:45 +0100
From:      Colin Percival <colin.percival@wadham.ox.ac.uk>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=F8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Dell D600 odds-n-ends

Dag-Erling Smørgrav wrote:
> Eric Anderson <anderson@centtech.com> writes:
>>Hibernate mode?
>
> Should work in theory if you have a hibernate partition.  I blew mine
> away on install (if I ever had one - Windows doesn't need it, so it's
> quite possible that it wasn't set up to begin with)

I've been told that the D600 bios claims to have s4 support, but that
this is in fact broken.  Has anyone gotten this working?

>>Secondary battery/DVD swapping - no worky (doesn't find the new
>>device, crashes, etc)
>
> I don't believe we support hot-plugging - you have to turn the laptop
> off to swap.

I've done this, and it works fine.  To go from DVD to battery, just yank
out the drive and plug in the battery -- it will be recognized and
everything will work perfectly.  For the reverse operation, you need to
run `atacontrol detach 1` followed by `atacontrol attach 1`, at which
point FreeBSD will recognize the drive.

Colin Percival