Date:      Mon, 22 May 1995 21:35:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Rashid Karimov." <rashid@haven.ios.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   XFree 3.1.1 question (Diamond/PCI/Bustec)

		Hi ther folx,

	The video card is Diamond Stealth 64 PCI.
	System alsohas a Bustec SCSI Bt946c controller.

	The problem:

	when I start X11 ( thru xdm for example ) , everything
	starts just fine - the picture is nice and steady.
	But when I log in and _just press keys on the keyboard,
	the screen image becomes very weird :

	for every key press you get fast line moving quickly
	down the screen - the white line with width between
	.5-2 inches.
	If you press keys quite often - it just becomes impossible
	to see anything on the screen

	When you start any program which outputs on the sceen -
	the same stuff happent - a lot of noisy lines move
	sporadically on the screen - mostly down.

	I;ve tried differnet monitors and couple of different cards,
	as well as tried to change card's slots - nothing helps.
	Played a lot with BIOS setups - with no effect as well .

	All the binaries , the same card and the monitor work just
	fine on other computer here - but the brands are different.

	That one which doesn't work is Comtech P90 with AMI BIOS.

	Any suggestions ?

	Rashid