Date:      Wed, 25 Jun 2003 15:08:15 -0400
From:      Justin Burdine <burdine@oakland.edu>
To:        Dan Nelson <dnelson@allantgroup.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: yppasswd NIS problem with Freebsd client and Solaris NIS server

Dan Nelson wrote:

>What error do you get?

I get the same error that was mentioned in the posting below.  I get it
when I run as either root or user.

#yppasswd burdine
Changing NIS password for burdine on zan.
Old Password:
yppasswd: sorry

When I went parusing through the source I found where it is dying, I
think...

line 153 in /usr/src/usr.bin/passwd/yp_passwd.c

which leads me to believe that it is a crypt problem..?  but I have
checked all the usual suspects...  /etc/login.conf /etc/auth.conf both
are using des.

--
Justin Burdine

Computer Network Admin.