Date:      20 May 2000 14:13:42 -0700
From:      Scott Blachowicz <scott@sabami.seaslug.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE2: make install 'fails' ...

> Please don't.  If the comment is correct, then it should be something
> like:
>
>   #ifdef solaris
>   #include <arpa/nameser.h> // for MAXDNAME
>   #endif
>
> Do not include any reference to __FreeBSD__ ... this is not a FreeBSD
> issue.  See my previous posting in this thread for more details.

I agree with you, but...

I don't have access to a Solaris box to know what the right thing for
Solaris would be, no way to verify it and no way to know if some other
platform is relying on that header file being there (i.e. no way to know
if the comment is correct).  It only REALLY makes a difference if these
patches get fed back to the KDE developers - are you planning on doing
that, Will?

--
Scott Blachowicz