Date:      Wed, 2 Dec 1998 19:35:57 +0000
From:      Ben Smithurst <ben@scientia.demon.co.uk>
To:        Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Re : kernel uses wrong root device

Thierry.Herbelot@alcatel.fr wrote:

> As you have two disks, do you have installed booteasy on both drives (or
> do you use another boot method ?) ?
> With booteasy, you've got a first chice :
> F1 : whatever (usually DOS)
> .. other partitions
> F5 : second disk
> then on the second disk another choice :
> F1 : BSD
> F5 : first disk

Ah, I see. As it turns out, I don't need to fix it, I think I was just
doing something wrong (never mind). Thanks for replying anyway though.

It still seems a bit odd, so if anyone does know why it doesn't do as
it's told, I'd like to know.

(as for DOS, well the sooner I get rid of that the better. But being
a home machine some people will insist on playing games under dos...
*sigh*)

--
Ben Smithurst
ben@scientia.demon.co.uk