Date:      Thu, 15 Jan 1998 10:42:20 +1030
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        Ham su-wook <casanoba@ailab.sogang.ac.kr>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions for hardware supporting...

On Wed, Jan 14, 1998 at 05:15:40PM +0900, Ham su-wook wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I send the letter for FreeBSD hardware supporting from
> ailab10.sogang.ac.kr.
>
> But that machine crashed, so I can't use that machine now. So I send the
> letter to you again.
>
> I have tyan S1696DLUA pentium II board. I have dual Pentium-II CPU and
> AIC7895 SCSI controller.
>
> Until now, I can't use SCSI device. And FreeBSD perceive only one CPU.
>
> If you know wheather FreeBSD supporting these hardwares or not, tell me
> that.
>
> If FreeBSD doesn't supporing these hardwares, tell met if FreeBSD
> supporting team
> have a plan to support these.

You don't say which version of FreeBSD you're using.  FreeBSD 2.2.5
does not support multiprocessor configurations, but FreeBSD 3.0 does.
FreeBSD 3.0 is currently available for testing (branch 3.0-CURRENT),
but it isn't recommended for production work.

FreeBSD 3.0 also contains support for the AIC 7895.  FreeBSD 2.2.5
does not.

Greg