Date:      Wed, 17 Jan 2007 13:07:56 +0530
From:      "Amarendra Godbole" <amarendra.godbole@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem upgrading from 6.1-RELEASE to 6.2-RELEASE

Hi,

I run 6.1-RELEASE, and am trying to upgrade it to 6.2-RELEASE using
the freebsd-update.sh script, and the instructions provided here:
http://www.daemonology.net/blog/2006-11-26-freebsd-6.1-to-6.2-binary-upgrade.html,
without success!

The script hits sporadic problems fetching files. For eg., for quiet
sometime now this happens:
-----------
dexter# sh freebsd-update.sh -f freebsd-update.conf -d /usr/upgrade -r
6.2-RELEASE upgrade
Looking up update.FreeBSD.org mirrors... 1 mirrors found.
Fetching metadata signature for 6.1-RELEASE from update1.FreeBSD.org... done.
Fetching metadata index... done.
Fetching 1 metadata patches. done.
Applying metadata patches... done.
Fetching 1 metadata files... failed.
dexter#

In a previous try, it went through a great deal ahead, upto fetching
the patches and all, and then failed.

Is this because of a connectivity issue on my end, or some issue with
update1.freebsd.org? I don't see any connectivity issues from my side
though. Thanks in advance.

Best,
Amarendra