Date:      Sat, 28 Jun 1997 03:31:50 +0800
From:      chas <sweeting@tm.net.my>
To:        Tony Harverson <tony@asterix.insight.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: how can we monitor in real time ? (was Re: probing from

Thank you very much Tony,

>There is a piece of software called "logsurfer" which can be configured to
>watch log files and take any action that can be entered at the command line
>eg : tcp denys to someone of my machines get paged to me..
>
>haven't get a url for it at the moment -

seems to have a port in the freebsd site so that is a good sign -

http://hobbes.cdrom.com/pub/FreeBSD/ports-current/misc/logsurfer/

>give me a yell if you get stuck.

thank you .... hopefully it will be ok if it's been ported.
(he says, putting the kiss of death on it)

chas

ps. thanks also to Guy & Bryan for the swatch tips... i'll have a look-see
    at that too.