Date:      Wed, 16 Dec 1998 12:05:43 -0800
From:      "David Burger" <david@unet.tm>
To:        "Albert Chen" <chen6178@hotmail.com>, <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Why FreeBSD is better than WinNT? please give me ten reasons.

I used to use NT exclusively.  Now I use FBSD more and more.  The NT box is
hanging around until I figure out Samba then it is going FBSD.  Here are my
reasons:

1.  FREE!!!
2.  Same job, just as fast, on half the CPU and RAM
3.  Free e-mail that actually works.   (Sendmail)
4.  Say good-bye to GPFs and General Failures.
5.  Support is FREE (This list  :^P )
6.  Remote administration is a snap.  (i.e.. telnet, rlogin, ftp, etc...)
7.  Try sharing files though a firewall with NT.
8.  Try to make a firewall with NT.  (FBSD firewall is FREE and POWERFUL)
9.  Can you say NATD!  I thought you could.
10.  Can you also say UPTIME!  My FBSD box only reboots when I tell it to!

All these are reasons why I prefer FBSD to NT.  The biggest one though is
the FREE part.  (Could you tell?)  The only bad thing is that I can't play
all the games I like on FBSD.

David Burger
Home FBSD User