Date:      Tue, 12 Jun 2001 21:26:30 +0200
From:      Roelof Osinga <roelof@nisser.com>
To:        Ted Mittelstaedt <tedm@toybox.placo.com>
Cc:        Jason Halbert <jason@jason-n3xt.org>, questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: vi

Ted Mittelstaedt wrote:

> One of the most interesting terminals I ever saw was this little match-box
> sized
> project that either Popular Electronics or someone like that made up once
> that
> consisted of a grid of little tiny LEDs that did something like a 40x10
> character
> matrix.  I don't remember if it actually handled any kind of term emulation
> but
> it was pretty amazing what people would come up with.

Doesn't ring a bell. Mind you, it could only include terminal emulation
if it needed a CPU, RAM and an EPROM. And came with an assembler listing.
Better have an EPROM burner handy <g>.

I don't remember the LEDs being *that* small 20 or so years ago. With
a 5 x 7 character matrix you would get quite a, hm, readable display :).

Roelof