Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 12:32:34 +0930
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.com>
To:        jbernt@bigfoot.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: HP Laserjet 4.

On Tuesday,  4 May 1999 at 14:32:58 -0700, Jeffrey Bernt wrote:
> Hello.
> I have an HP Laserjet 4, and I don't know how to set it up. I looked in the
> handbook, but all I saw was info. for a text output, and I would like
> graphical (pdf, stuff like that).
> Let me know your thoughts and sites where I can find more info.

The magic word here is "PostScript", a page description language for
printers.  Depending on which version you have, you may or may not be
able to use PostScript directly.  Otherwise you can user Ghostscript
to convert it.  It's described in the hanbook (Advanced setup) and in
"The Complete FreeBSD".

Greg