Date:      Tue, 12 Dec 2000 15:29:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mobile Computer <mobile@vta.com>
To:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   PCMCIA 16550A Serial Card Support

Tue Dec 12 14:41:50 EST 2000

Hello all,

I am in search of a 1 - or ( preferably ) 2 - port PCMCIA serial card ,
16550A uart based, known to operate with any Free-BSD PAO installation
from  2.2.7  or so, up to   PAO  3.5.1  or so. I have not been able to
find any explicit references to support for these types of cards in PAO
documentation, so any assistance would be appreciated.

I should also add here, that since my installation of 2.2.7 PAO a few
years ago, I have yet to plug ANYTHING into a PAO laptop that claimed
to  be  16550A  based,  that  didn't  happily  spring  to life [ 1 ].
I'm  tempted to just buy a card to try, but I figured I'd ask first.

For  reference,  I am  looking  for something similar to the Advantech
COMPad 32B - 2.

Thanks in advance,

Guy Boyd

reply to: mobile@vta.com

VTA Inc. / VTA Technologies
Atlanta, Georgia
PAO since 2.2.7
FreeBSD since 4.4BSD-Lite Release

[ 1 ].  Meaning just about ANY kind of thing claiming to be a modem.
I  was  both  delighted and SHOCKED  a few years ago when PAO 2.2.7
successfully  probed  and attached my Mitsubishi electric FZ-2110A
GSM DATA CARD ( GSM cell modem ), 1st plug-in. Downright flabbergasted.