Date:      Sun, 24 Jan 1999 03:24:14 -0600
From:      Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net>
To:        Michael Robinson <robinson@netrinsics.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG, zach@uffdaonline.net
Subject:   Re: cannot write /cvs/CVSROOT/val-tags

On Sun, Jan 24, 1999 at 06:31:34AM +0000, Michael Robinson wrote:
> Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net> wrote:
> >If that doesn't work, figure out a way to manually edit /cvs/CVSROOT/val-tags
> >and append this line:
> >
> >RELENG_3 y
>
> I tried this, and it doesn't work.  The RELENG_2_2 tag works without any
> /cvs/CVSROOT directory at all.  The RELENG_3 tag fails with a message "server
> aborted".  Thus I suspect some problem on the server side (which I may be
> causing myself, for all I know).

.../CVSROOT

should come along with the 'src-all' distribution.  If you are getting
something other than 'src-all' (as in just parts of src, like 'src-base' and
'src-bin'), I don't know how to help you.

Maybe some creative mucking about in the repository might help some (but
this could easily completely screw you up rather than fix anything).

--
Zach Heilig <zach@uffdaonline.net> / Zach Heilig <zach@gaffaneys.com>