Date:      7 Apr 2012 19:55:37 -0000
From:      Scott Ballantyne <sdb@ssr.com>
To:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problems building Virtualbox on 9.0

Hi,

Just for your information...

This is a new install on Freebsd 9.0.

I kept running afoul of 'pw' errors. The install bailed saying

>Creating group `vboxusers' with gid `920'.
>Creating user `vboxusers' with uid `920'.
>pw: user 'vboxusers' disappeared during update
>*** Error code 67

but checking the /etc/group and /etc/master.passwd and /etc/passwd
files showed that both were created.

So I continued the build, ending with:

>===>  Installing for virtualbox-ose-4.1.10
>===>   Generating temporary packing list
>===>  Checking if emulators/virtualbox-ose already installed
>===> Creating users and/or groups.
>Using existing group `vboxusers'.
>Creating user `vboxusers' with uid `920'.
>pw: user 'vboxusers' already exists
>*** Error code 74
>
>Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose.
>*** Error code 1

>Stop in /usr/ports/emulators/virtualbox-ose.

Simply removing the vboxusers user allowed the build to complete.

Thanks for virtualbox - I'm looking forward to using it.

Best,
Scott
--
sdb@ssr.com