Date:      Fri, 04 May 2001 16:09:24 -0700
From:      John Hall <j.hall@f5.com>
To:        hubs@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ftp-master method

I use cvsup to mirror about 50GB of FTP archives in addition to the
FreeBSD cvsup trees.  It works great.  About 75% of the time an rsync
took and about 20% of the time a mirror.pl took.  One nice thing is
that it balances the load between the server and client very nicely
both in terms of CPU as well as network load.

If you wanted to setup the server on ftp-master, I'd volunteer to
test it... ;-)

JMH

John Polstra wrote:
>=20
> In article <20010502161330.B5017@casimir.physics.purdue.edu>, Will
> Andrews <will@physics.purdue.edu> wrote:
>=20
> > OK, so people have problems with either mirror/spegla+ftp and rsync.
> > How about cvsup?
>=20
> I've suggested this a few times myself.
> John
> --
>   John Polstra                                               jdp@polstr=
a.com
>   John D. Polstra & Co., Inc.                        Seattle, Washingto=
n USA
>   "Disappointment is a good sign of basic intelligence."  -- Ch=F6gyam =
Trungpa

--=20
John Hall <jhall@f5.com>                                      F5 Networks=
, Inc.
BIG-IP Test Manager                                           206-272-555=
5

Old age is too high a price to pay for maturity.