Date:      Mon,  6 Mar 95 14:34:47 IST
From:      "Ugen J.S.Antsilevich" <ugen@netvision.net.il>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, me@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: backspace now broken (proposal)

First of all i agree that ^H should be erase,Backspace should produce ^H
and normal ppl should not think a single moment about this..Well,if i press
A i expect A to be printed but..
>But having to tell new
>FreeBSD users that they have to put a 'stty erase ^h' in .login or
>.profile of *each and every* user of their system is just plain
>unnecessary complication of affairs.
Hmm..this can be done by default in default /etc/.cshrc and friends,then
those who hate ^H to be erase by default can be happy,and ^H will work...
BTW that's the first thing i even do on my systems after installation..
Not only FreeBSD but even SunOS has this problemm...

--
-=Ugen J.S.Antsilevich=-
NetVision - Israeli Commercial Internet          |  Learning