Date:      Thu, 12 Dec 2002 10:41:45 +0100
From:      Bjarne Wichmann Petersen <freebsd.nospam@mekanix.dk>
To:        Jens Rehsack <rehsack@liwing.de>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: optimising portsbuilds?

On Sunday 08 December 2002 11:59, Jens Rehsack wrote:

> > Now I'd like to get the same kind of speed and responsiveness out of
> > FreeBSD and Duron CPU. What should I parse into my /etc/make.conf to make
> > ports?
> >
> > Bjarne
>
> make.conf(5) - and look into /etd/defaults/make.conf on 4.7-STABLE/RELEASE

Hmm, well yes. All I get from this is how to set the CPU-type and -O options,
which I'm already using (but not sure -03 is advisable?). But reading through
the gcc-manpages there is a whole list of various optimizationoptions that I
haven't the slightest clue to what they do and whether it'll be smart to
implement them?

Bjarne
--
Homepage: http://www.mekanix.dk