Date:      Wed, 14 May 2008 13:02:37 +0400
From:      "Andrey V. Elsukov" <bu7cher@yandex.ru>
To:        Madan Thapa <madan.feedback@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ipfw@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: issues : FreeBSD kernel compile for ipfw support

Madan Thapa wrote:
> 1) I compiled bsd kernel for ipfw support using the doc at
> http://www.cyberciti.biz/faq/howto-setup-freebsd-ipfw-firewall/  and upon

I prefer an official documentation:
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/firewalls-ipfw.html

> reboot, the system did not allow connections from outside.

Yes, the default configuration blocks any packets.

> I could login to
> the server remotely via IPMI but not via ssh, although, ipfw entries were
> not setup in /etc/rc.conf to start on boot.

You compiled ipfw(9) into kernel and it works by default.

> on subsequent reboots.  Like in linux we do it in grub.conf

You can install grub on the FreeBSD too.

> 2) Can you also let me know the steps to add ipfw support in kernel?

Read the Handbook's article.

--
WBR, Andrey V. Elsukov