Date:      Wed, 5 May 1999 06:58:15 +0200 (MEST)
From:      Daniel Haischt <sirabyss@gmx.net>
To:        rse@engelschall.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   configuration of apache fails

HIYA

This is not a port related mail! - Actually I wasnt able to build
Apache-modssl from the ports collection cause make don't knows
how to make all and I also want to build more than one module into
apache. So I tried to compile apache and the following moduls from
the official sources.

- mod_ssl
- mod_perl + eperl
- php3
- JServ

First of all - I was able to compile all modules and dependecies without
any errors.

But as I tried to run ...

SSL_BASE=../openssl-0.9.2b \
EAPI_MM=../mm-1.0.2 \
./configure \
--enable-module=ssl \
--prefix=/www \
--enable-shared=ssl \
--activate-module=src/modules/perl/libperl.a \
--activate-module=src/modules/php3/libphp3.a

I got the following err output from configure ...

Configuring for Apache, Version 1.3.6
 + using installation path layout: Apache (config.layout)
 + activated perl module (modules/perl/libperl.a)
 + activated php3 module (modules/php3/libphp3.a)
Creating Makefile
Creating Configuration.apaci in src
 + enabling mod_so for DSO support
Creating Makefile in src
 + configured for FreeBSD 3.1 platform
 + setting C compiler to gcc
 + setting C pre-processor to gcc -E
 + checking for system header files
 + adding selected modules
    o ssl_module uses ConfigStart/End
      + SSL interface: mod_ssl/2.2.8
      + SSL interface build type: DSO
      + SSL interface compatibility: enabled
      + SSL interface experimental code: disabled
      + SSL interface vendor extensions: disabled
      + SSL interface plugin: Vendor DBM (libc)
      + SSL library path: /oracle/openssl-0.9.2b
      + SSL library type: source tree only (stand-alone)
      + SSL library version: OpenSSL 0.9.2b 22 Mar 1999
      + SSL library plugin mode: none
    o perl_module uses ConfigStart/End
      + mod_perl build type: OBJ
      + id: mod_perl/1.19
      + id: Perl/5.00502 (freebsd) [perl]
      + setting up mod_perl build environment
      + adjusting Apache build environment
      + enabling Perl support for SSI (mod_include)
    o php3_module uses ConfigStart/End
 + enabling Extended API (EAPI)
/usr/libexec/elf/ld: cannot open -lclntsh: No such file or directory
 + doing sanity check on compiler and options
** A test compilation with your Makefile configuration
** failed. This is most likely because your C compiler
** is not ANSI. Apache requires an ANSI C Compiler, such
** as gcc. The above error message from your compiler
** will also provide a clue.

Im using FreeBSD 3.1 with ELF Kernel, Linux emulation, gcc 2.8.1, gmake
3.77

Any help would be apprectiated!

Best Regards

Daniel Haischt