Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 19:24:37 -0500 (EST)
From:      Leo Papandreou <leo@talcom.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   getting sd4 to work

Hello all,

I am trying to add a 5th scsi disk to a 2.1-STABLE system. I have
consulted the tutorial and followed the sysinstall approach to
the letter but without success. Ditto the command line approach.

Before doing anything I ran MAKEDEV sd4.

Using sysinstall I partition the disk, write the partition info,
label the disk, write and quit.

newfs isnt run. I do get exactly one error message complaining
about an "invalid arguement" when I write the label info - NOT
path not not found as it says in the tutorial.

Trying to do anything on the command line invariably dies with
an invalid superblock message.

Trying to run sysinstall off the boot floppy went nowhere fast
since it didnt even recognize the 5th disk.

I'm at my wits end and would appreciate a clue from someone who
has configured their system to work beyond sd3.

Thank-you.