Date:      Mon, 16 Nov 1998 10:50:15 -0700
From:      "Gravel, Emmanuel (AZ77)" <Emmanuel.Gravel@CAS.honeywell.com>
To:        "'freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   SB 16 with Vibra chip

Has anyone been able to properly setup this soundcard?  It's
a PnP soundcard (of course) with the new Vibra chip onboard.
I've tried compiling a kernel with all three SB "devices" and
only get one channel output for WAV-type sounds, and either
nothing or static from MIDI.  Tried it using Maelstrom, KMid and
KMidi for now.  Just the simple fact that it reacted this way
shows me something's wrong with my setup.

I've read that support for the Vibra chipset was flakey at best,
but I was wondering if someone was able to make it work
properly, and if so, how...

TIA

Manu