Date:      Wed, 3 Sep 1997 19:24:53 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   snd970903.tgz and pnp970903.tgz

The current snap of my audio driver is at

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/snd970903.tgz

you also need the PnP code which is now in a separate distribution,

	http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/pnp970903.tgz

This snap includes several improvements:

    * workarounds for the two OPTI931 bugs;
    * fixed SB16 PnP operation, now works in 8 and 16bit, both
      capture and playback;

most importantly, the PnP code has been put into a separate
distribution and now lets you override the configuration of PnP cards
with the "-c" boot option. This can be useful also for people with
non-audio PnP boards.

I think I have fixed all bugs people was reporting about SB16 clones
not recognised/not working (although the SB16 driver still needs
refinements in order to support full duplex operation).

	Cheers
	Luigi