Date:      Tue, 14 Aug 2001 18:34:55 EDT
From:      T0ad775424@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   "I dont have /dev/mixer"

--part1_3c.ff447e2.28ab018f_boundary

Hi, how can i get the system mixer device? I looked in all the hand books and
manuals, and did not find jack squat. I am running KDE for my desktop and
almost all my audio  software uses "/dev/mixer". But the cd player works.

I configured my sound card by adding this into the kernel,

device pcm
device sbc

I have a 185x sound card;
( ESS1868 Audio Drive chip, with a MIDI / game port, Line in, Mic and Speaker
out )

Also, my mp3 player Kmp3 gets a signal 11 and the core dumps.

I am no unix hacker, I really need help!

--part1_3c.ff447e2.28ab018f_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><BODY BGCOLOR="#ffffff"><FONT  SIZE=2>Hi, how can i get the system mixer device? I looked in all the hand books and
<BR>manuals, and did not find jack squat. I am running KDE for my desktop and
<BR>almost all my audio &nbsp;software uses "/dev/mixer". But the cd player works.
<BR>
<BR>I configured my sound card by adding this into the kernel,
<BR>
<BR>device pcm
<BR>device sbc
<BR>
<BR>I have a 185x sound card;
<BR>( ESS1868 Audio Drive chip, with a MIDI / game port, Line in, Mic and Speaker
<BR>out )
<BR>
<BR>Also, my mp3 player Kmp3 gets a signal 11 and the core dumps.
<BR>
<BR>I am no unix hacker, I really need help!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_3c.ff447e2.28ab018f_boundary--