Date:      Mon, 30 Jan 1995 11:41:19 -0500 (EST)
From:      James Robinson <james@hermes.cybernetics.net>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.org (FreeBSD hackers)
Subject:   iij PPP on demand

I just grabbed this package and have just gotten it working -- if you
see this note, then take that as proof that it works!

I have not played too much with its fancier options (dial on demand, auto
logoff after N secs of idle time), but the integration of dialer + ppp
daemon is a really nice feature. It autodetects the peer PPP data
stream (similiar to seyon's auto-zmodem detection) and sets up the
connection, default route, etc. No more having to explain about having
to suspend kermit then starting pppd. No more telling seyon to exit
but not hang up the phone.

I'm about to try to gleam how to enable the autodialing, autologon scripts.

Very impressed with the package and ease of use (even though the docs are
in Japanese). I sugggest any PPP user still in 1.1* land give this one
a shot!

Thanks you very much Atsushi!!!!

James

: James Robinson :   james@hermes.cybernetics.net ::See the screaming hot black
:FreeBSD|XFree86 :The best things in life are Free::     steaming iridescent
:  Frank Zappa   :      Music is the best         ::naughahyde python screaming
:  HTTP Server   : http://hermes.cybernetics.net/ ::        steam roller!