Date:      Wed, 8 Jan 2003 18:51:25 +0100
From:      Thierry Thomas <thierry@pompo.net>
To:        Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/46620: New port: www/tidy-devel (latest version of Tidy).

Le Mer  8 jan 03 à 13:37:10 +0100, Tilman Linneweh <arved@FreeBSD.org> écrivait :
> Synopsis: New port: www/tidy-devel (latest version of Tidy).
>
> State-Changed-From-To: open->feedback
> State-Changed-By: arved
> State-Changed-When: Wed Jan 8 04:32:10 PST 2003
> State-Changed-Why:
> This seems not to be a "development" version of tidy.
> Is there a reason, you didn't update the existing www/tidy ?

It's an "in progress" work, with a new tarball ~weekly.

On the site <http://tidy.sourceforge.net/>; it's written:
If you are not comfortable working with the latest versions of Tidy, you
can stay with the last official release of Tidy, by Dave Raggett on 04
Aug 00. However, there have been many changes and bugs fixed in Tidy
since that release, and you are encouraged to use the latest versions.

So I thought that it could be interesting to keep "the latest versions
of Tidy" as tidy, and to introduce this one as a new port.

Regards,
--
Th. Thomas.