Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 1997 11:29:48 -0500 (EST)
From:      The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@cybercom.net>
To:        hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ATAPI LS-120 driver for 3.0-971208-SNAP

On 23 Dec 1997, HAMADA Naoki wrote:

: The LS-120 drive never support slices, because it is only a floppy
: drive. So supporting slices on the LS-120 drive makes no sense nether
: you use MS Windows et al. nor FreeBSD.

Is this ATAPI limitation?  Do the parallel/ATAPI zip drives support
slices?  I would have thought the LS-120 would only behave like a floppy
with floppies and enable more functionality on the 120 MB media (e.g.,
various non-FAT filesystems).

All the SCSI removable models I've used (jaz, zip, SyQuest) seem to
support slices.  Removability even works with a little care.  I hope that
FreeBSD can support as much of that as possible on the LS-120 drives
(since I hope to get one someday.  But since I haven't written a lick of
code, I'm in no position to make demands. :-) )

K.S.

PS -- How do you like the drive's performance and reliability?