Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:16:44 -0700 (PDT)
From:      abram olson <dacia_icarus@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   wanna help a newbie with his modem?

I've never configured a modem in bsd before and I'm
pretty lost.  Could anyone help me to be able to get
on the net from bsd so I can finish installing my
system and actually start using it?  I've been digging
through man pages (man ppp, pppd) the handbook and the
net looking for a good explanation of what I need to
do but I'm afraid I'm too stupid to understand most of
what I'm reading.

I know that the kernel is seeing my modem.  Its
identified in /var/log/messages

I recompiled the kernel and told it to build the
module umodem because I have an external usb modem
(3com 5606).

I've enabled cuaa2 cause in wandows my modem uses
com3.  I had to tell the kernel to use irq7 because it
was one of the only unused irq's in my system.

I can send you any other info you need to help me
figure this out.

Thanks for you patience and help.

Abe

=====
Jesus saves.
Allah forgives,
Cthulu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.