Date:      Mon, 11 May 1998 09:02:41 +0100
From:      Manar Hussain <manar@ivision.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Hashed mail spool delivery

Khetan Gajjar wrote in message ID
<Pine.BSF.3.96.980510124115.4151H-100000@chain>:
> Has anyone patched Sendmail to deliver mail to do the same ?
>
> I've searched the archives for this, and discovered that
> you can use a hacked procmail to do this, but I'd
> prefer to do this either within sendmail itself, or with
> sendmail's mail.local (which I believe is the standard
> delivery agent).

You could look at Exim (www.exim.org) or qmail (www.qmail.org) as
impressive public domain replacements to sendmail - for which you should
find this easier. Exim's focus is functionality/ease of use and is probably
an easier drop in replacement for sendmail. Qmail's focus is security and
performance though both are many times better than sendmail on this and you
should note that qmail is happy to load your machine into the ground if
there is a lot of mail traffic reltative to the machine spec.

Manar