Date:      Sat, 25 Mar 1995 17:49:24 -0500 (EST)
From:      Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>
To:        jeffh@Cybernetics.NET (Jeff)
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Shipping w/ HTTPD BAD IDEA

> If this is the reasoning behind including an http daemon with FreeBSD,
> I would suggest using the WN http daemon.  My reasoning behind this is
> that it is fast, fairly easy to configure, and has some wicked-cool
> features built in such as context sensitive searches, title searches,
> etc, that would be _perfect_ for on-line documentation; it's a match made
> in heaven.
>
> Any comments?

Why cant we make that an optional PORT directory item?  I'd hate to end up in a
position where one has no choice but to use pointy-clicky (arrowkeys in lynx ;)
over man because at somepoint it was decided to stop supporting primarily the
man style manual pages.

I've just been burned so much by AIX's info system so much that I'd hate to
be forced to use the same type thing under FreeBSD.

-Crh

    Charles Henrich     Michigan State University     henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu

                     http://rs560.msu.edu/~henrich/