Date:      Wed, 4 Oct 1995 10:12:43 +0100 (MET)
From:      Thomas Gellekum <thomas@ghpc8.ihf.rwth-aachen.de>
To:        smace@metal.ops.neosoft.com (Scott Mace)
Cc:        asami@cs.berkeley.edu, ache@astral.msk.su, smace@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: xanim 2.70.1 core dumps on .MOV

Scott Mace wrote:

> The latest version has cinepak removed by request of Radius.
>
> The README doesn't say why though...  I guess its a political
> thing, but who knows...

Mark Podlipec, the author, has signed NDAs with Radius and Intel to
be able to distribute support for the Cinepak and Indeo formats.
Support for Cinepak is available in 2.70.1 as an object file for Sun
Sparcs. I exchanged some emails with him, pointing to freefall as a
development platform for FreeBSD support, but he had to decline. He
said, however, that he's looking into buying a PC to add support for
FreeBSD and Linux. Maybe we should send him a CD when 2.1 is out.

tg