Date:      Fri, 13 Aug 1999 08:13:05 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jamie Bowden <ragnar@sysabend.org>
To:        Glenn Chisholm <glenn@ircache.net>
Cc:        "Louis A. Mamakos" <louie@TransSys.COM>, Evren Yurtesen <yurtesen@ispro.net.tr>, Bill Fumerola <billf@jade.chc-chimes.com>, Michael Mannsberger <mannsber@starmedia.net>, chat@FREEBSD.org
Subject:   Re: (2) hey

Redirected to -chat.

On Thu, 12 Aug 1999, Glenn Chisholm wrote:

:In that case you will know a hell of a lot more than me and I honestly do
:not want to contradict you. I was 11 when 952 was written and I do not
:claim to know the reasons or motivations behind the decisions that
:resulted in that draft. However the Internet is a great deal different,
:there are a lot more people with a great deal less knowledge and
:understanding maintaining things like DNS servers etc. I feel that the
:live and let live attitude that you expouse worked when people like
:yourself, Jon Pollard etc were the people controling things. That is just
:no longer the case.

So everyone is supposed to lower their standards to accomodate idiots?  I
don't think so.

Jamie Bowden

--

If we've got to fight over grep, sign me up.  But boggle can go.
	-Ted Faber (on Hasbro's request for removal of /usr/games/boggle)