Date:      Sun, 28 Sep 1997 22:26:56 -0700
From:      Michelle Brownsworth <michelle@eugene.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Adding second drive

I added a second drive, an IDE to be used for backups, using disklabel -r
-w wd0 auto, newfs /dev/rwd0c, and mount /dev/wd0.  The system issues the
following complaint:

wd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic
wd0: invalid primary partition table: no magic

I'm sure this is a common refrain for you guys.  After coming up empty with
the Handbook and FAQ, I  searched the mailing list archives on this problem
and got plenty of hits, messages posted by people having exactly the same
problem as I am, but there were absolutely no messages with an answer.
Zip.  Nada.  I'm forced to impose the question on you guys, so you can
answer it for the eleventeenth time.

Oddly enough, I did the same disklabel, newfs, mount as above on a drive
added to another server the other day and it was fine; no "invalid primary
partition table: no magic" message.  Go figure.

.\\ichelle