Date:      Tue, 21 Aug 2012 11:18:35 +0200
From:      =?utf-8?Q?Dag-Erling_Sm=C3=B8rgrav?= <des@des.no>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        "Bjoern A. Zeeb" <bzeeb-lists@lists.zabbadoz.net>, Vitaly Magerya <vmagerya@gmail.com>, Garrett Wollman <wollman@bimajority.org>, FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Replacing BIND with unbound

Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org> writes:
> Dag-Erling, do you have a timeline for getting started on the
> ldns/unbound import?

I imported the code into the vendor tree, but did not proceed any
further as there was still no firm consensus at the time.

I believe the conclusion - to the extent that there was one - was that
people were fine with tossing out BIND and importing ldns to replace the
client bits, as long as we had suitable drop-in replacements for host(1)
and dig(1), but there was no consensus on whether to import unbound.

I'll start working on getting ldns into head this weekend.

DES
--=20
Dag-Erling Sm=C3=B8rgrav - des@des.no