Date:      Wed, 24 Feb 2021 19:11:04 +0100
From:      Olivier Certner <olivier.freebsd@free.fr>
To:        Thierry Thomas <thierry@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: The out-of-swap killer makes poor choices

> For such cases, another solution exists on Linux to dynamically enlarge
> the swap partition (something like dphys-swapfile or SwapSpace - see
> <https://github.com/Tookmund/Swapspace>; ), but I do not know if such a
> tool exists on FreeBSD?

In case there is some misunderstanding: I didn't want that in my particular
case. Putting the machines to a crawl for jobs that mostly were too big anyway
to survive even with swap indeed proved out to be a very bad idea. Also,
removing swap was for me an occasion to test whether the absence of it was
causing any change in the odd OOM killer behavior I was observing
(unfortunately, as said, this was not the case).

That said, I wasn't aware of these tools. Interesting to know. Thanks.

--
Olivier Certner