Date:      Wed, 25 Dec 2002 16:02:19 -0800
From:      chip wiegand <chip@wiegand.org>
To:        "Gernot A. Weber" <gernot@quantumnet.de>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: AW: wireless optical mouse useable in freebsd?

On Wed, 25 Dec 2002 22:38:53 +0100
"Gernot A. Weber" <gernot@quantumnet.de> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> it should be no problem. Neither as USB nor PS/2.
>
> Bye,
>
>   Gernot

Thanks, it does load the usb stuff at the console, but in X it doesn't
work. I probably have to make some change to the XF86Config file? Here
is the section for the pointer as it is for my current usb logitech
trackman mouse -

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier  "Mouse0"
	Driver      "mouse"
	Option	    "Protocol" "MouseSystems"
	Option	    "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
	Option	"ZAxisMapping" "X"
	Option  "ZAxisMapping" "Y"
	Option  "ZAxisMapping" "N1 N2"
EndSection

Even with this setup the scroll wheel does not work. So, with the new
mouse I'd like the scroll wheel to work as well. Hope someone can point
me in the right direction.

--
Chip