Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 21:45:46 +0100 (BST)
From:      Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
To:        ben <ben@pastor.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   RE: modum disconecting

Bear in mind that your disconnections may be nothing to do with FreeBSD. I
think that the most common cause of disconnections will be problems with your
modem, your ISPs modem, or your phone line. Especially as you appear to be
connecting OK, but disconnecting at totally different durations each time.

However, you may wish to investigate the logging options that ppp has. See
'man ppp'

This may help you to track down the problem, wherever it may be.

On 19-Sep-99 ben wrote:
> what can I check if my modum keeps disconection at various time durations
> from my ISP.what can I try to rectify.

---
Andrew Boothman <andrew@ukug.uk.FreeBSD.org>
FreeBSD UK User Group