Date:      Sun, 2 Nov 1997 19:08:55 PST
From:      Bill Fenner <fenner@parc.xerox.com>
To:        "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
Cc:        Charles Henrich <henrich@crh.cl.msu.edu>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: speak_freely

"Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com> wrote:
>It belongs under audio - I don't know who thought it was a
>multicast utilty, but it's not. :-(

When I suggested creating the mbone category and moving vic/nv/imm
to it, Andrey objected and said that it should be the multimedia-tools
category.  Unfortunately, due to timezones and such, the mbone
category had already been created.  Since speak freely interoperates
with the MBone tools, it was put in the MBone category.

There is one multicast-only tool in the mbone category (rtpmon); all
of the others work with unicast too (e.g. you can use vat in unicast
mode just like speak freely).  All of these tools could arguably fit
in a "multimedia" category (although there's not much point in using
imm or nte using unicast).

  Bill