Date:      Wed, 5 May 2004 18:14:40 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        sanjai.toewar@wanadoo.nl
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: broken .iso

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

On Thu, May 06, 2004 at 02:53:34AM +0200, sanjai.toewar@wanadoo.nl wrote:
> Dear sir
>=20
> First I downloaded twice the iso-files once under linux and the other tim=
e under
> windows.
> Both time I did a md5 check. In both cases the md5 didn't check allright.
> What is going on here are the files corrupt or is the md5 file wrong.
> I downloaded OpenDarwin en Peanutlinux and checked them too. Both of them=
 were
> allright.
> So blaming it to a corrupted download; I don't think so. Most problably i=
t is
> the md5 file.

You didn't give any details (such as which of the dozens of ISO images
you are attempting to download, and which FTP site you downloaded it
from), but it's unlikely that ftp.freebsd.org contains corrupted
images, since thousands of people have downloaded and verified them.

Kris

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr

--PNTmBPCT7hxwcZjr--