Date:      Sat, 26 Dec 1998 18:27:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      ML Duke <mlduke@concentric.net>
To:        Dennis Favro <scqdaf@globalserve.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Newbies <freebsd-newbies@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Free Solaris

>   Ok, I've had some time to muck about with FreeBSD and its been
> going pretty well.  So now I've notice this free Solaris program
> offered by Sun and I'm wondering if its worth trying.

My Unix Mentor is an AIX Systems Engineer in Texas. His job is to install,
configure and administer a variety of commericial Unix flavors, Solaris
among them. He basically says its a bugger to install and a pain in the
but to administer as compared to FreeBSD.

But, if its your desire to be a Unix administrator, it would be a
_definite_ plus on your resume, as would any other commercial variety.

ML Duke