Date:      Sun, 21 Apr 1996 22:59:50 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Keith Mitchell <kmitch@phantasma.bevc.blacksburg.va.us>
To:        julian@ref.tfs.com (JULIAN Elischer)
Cc:        scsi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with the st driver in 2.2-960323-SNAP

In article <199604211814.LAA18183@ref.tfs.com> you wrote:
: hmmm this is a semantic change that was introduced recently...
: prior to this, a 'mount session' lasted until you explicitly
: ended it by unloading the tape (or using the rst device instead of the nrst
: device.) Recently it was decided that if the device was closed, then the]
: user should have the option of ending the session by pressing the 'eject'
: button. This would have the effect of causing a mount session reset at
: the next open. In effect it would be the same as retrospectively
: changing the last close to a close and unmount.

I see the same problem (only with Adaptec 2940/Archive Python), but it does
not happen *ALL* of the time.  Maybe once or twice a week during the nightly
backup.  So whatever the problem is, it seems to be intermittant (at least
for me).  I was running -current from 3/31 until yesterday when I recompiled.
I haven't seen the problem yet with the 4/20 -current, but it has only backed
up once.