Date:      Tue, 19 Oct 2004 17:54:33 +0200
From:      =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Jean-S=E9bastien_P=E9dron?= <jspedron@club-internet.fr>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Read-only ReiserFS support for FreeBSD 5.x

--------------enig86E85E4297A16C94DAEC4AFD

Hello,

Since this summer, I've been working on bringing read-only ReiserFS
support to FreeBSD 5.x. Based on Linux 2.6.7, it seems now fairly stable
on the boxes I use, and it's time to share it with the community.
Because this is my first kernel development, I guess it's buggy and
slow, so use with caution :) Furthermore, you should know this is under
the GNU GPL license.

It has been tested successfully on 5.2.1-RELEASE, several checkouts of
RELENG_5, and 6-CURRENT (in August, but not recently). It won't work
under FreeBSD 4.x.

It's available at this address:
http://dumbbell.nerim.net/index2.html

It would be easier to install it if this was provided as a FreeBSD port,
but I need to read the Porter's handbook first.

Best regards,
Jean-Sébastien Pédron