Date:      Thu, 26 Feb 1998 10:54:49 -0500 (EST)
From:      Craig Struble <cstruble@vt.edu>
To:        Doug White <dwhite@resnet.uoregon.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Onboard IDE troubles

On Wed, 25 Feb 1998, Doug White wrote:

> >      Error: D:0x81 C:0 H:0 S:0
>
> The BIOS is confusing who belongs to device ID 0x81.  Got a IDE CDROM?
>
> That Award rev is in my Asus board and it has no problems assigning that
> between two IDE disks.  Haven't tried it between one IDE and one SCSI
> disk.

Nope, I have a SCSI CDROM. Not having IDE at all wouldn't be a big deal,
except I have a hand-me-down 960MB IDE drive coming on Friday (I'd rather
have one big disk for everything , but I'm a grad student :-/).

Maybe I'll try a quick hack to see if it'll recognize it as disk 0x84.
I'll let you know what I find out.
	See ya later,
		Craig
--