Date:      Tue, 14 Feb 2012 02:01:00 +0600
From:      Arif Hossain <arif@bansberrysg.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing Gnome and Xorg from installation DVD

--=-ZLDvzbCn74YEgr0QVN6c

1. I have got Installation dvd for freebsd 9.0. I've succesfully
installed it in vmware. Now i want to install the packages included in
the dvd. Somehow or the other sysinstall can not mount the dvd. So i
manually mounted it in /mnt and copied the /package folder into
my /root. Now what should i do to install a working gnome2 desktop? if i
give something like pkg_add -vn *, it reports several missing
dependencies. So how should i install it properly without downloading
anything?

2. I want to see codes for the base system. During installation i've
selected "source" to be installed. there are sources for "some" packages
in /usr/source but for some i see only Makefiles. How to get these other
sources?

3. I alway use git and svn. and i'm not looking forward to learn cvs. I
want my "base" system source tree to be updated through svn. Now does
the sources included in dvd is tracked by svn or cvs? i mean to get the
latest development snapshot for the "base" system should i have to do
something more or i just can do "svn update"?

4. I'm a old linux user, this is infact my first bsd installation but
i'm loving the "way of bsd". Its a wonderful=20

--=20
"You have a voice"
                                        ----The King's Speech

Public Key : $ gpg --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-key C88CFC23

--=-ZLDvzbCn74YEgr0QVN6c

--=-ZLDvzbCn74YEgr0QVN6c--