Date:      Sun, 10 May 1998 04:25:50 -0700 (PDT)
From:      "Jan B. Koum " <jkb@best.com>
To:        Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
Cc:        Brett Glass <brett@lariat.org>, Jason Nordwick <nordwick@scam.XCF.Berkeley.EDU>, The Classiest Man Alive <ksmm@threespace.com>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux as a Mozilla total reference platform

	You have a point. Hence we now have two views to take.

1. Linux people are our friend. We are both here for the same reason. We
both love free software and we are both against MS.
2. Linux peple are not our friend. While they also hate MS, the want to
replace shitty MS products with only their shitty OS. They fear
competition for their weak, hacked up together OS and would like to see
*BSD go away.

	What should we do now? We can assume #2 and take attack. We can
assume number one, but if #2 is true, we WILL lose. I am paranoid. I'll
go with #2... well, I have been for some time. But let us not forget that
as Linux pushing into corporate markets and people get used to "free
software" concept, it will also make it easy for FreeBSD to get into the
corporate market.

-- Yan

Jan Koum                  jkb@best.com |  "Turn up the lights; I don't want
www.FreeBSD.org -- The Power to Serve  |   to go home in the dark."