Date:      Fri, 23 Feb 2001 05:39:11 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        abgoeree@uwnet.nl
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SPAM was: (OT: [REJECTED MAIL]????????)

> Well, it's Unsollicited/Unwanted, it's Commercial, it's just
> not Email, but i guess we could call it SPAM.

SPAM is an acronym; which is why we upcase it.

It stands for "Shit Parading As Meat".

Anything that is designed to make you thing it's actually
for you when it's not, is SPAM.

I've been getting white envelopes in the mail that have
"Important information!" on them, and no other identifying
marks, which is how some of your 1099-INT and other things
arrive.  You open them, only to find they are credit card
offers.

One long distance form actually printed an add on a partial
impression carbon (the kind the IRS uses).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.